We owe our skin hearty care especially after all that it goes through during the day. An average workday can do a lot of damage to our face. And, post this intense hustle, going to bed is a heavenly feeling. But sometimes, because of fatigue; we fail to tend our face. Simple steps like cleansing to remove our day’s make-up and dirt are very necessary. Post that, our skin must be prepped for the coming day with nourishment.
As we all know our body repairs itself at night, and so does our skin. It recharges from all the damage and harsh things it went through that day. For doing so, we need to help with its repair and maintenance. There are various nighttime products available in the market for this purpose. Amongst them, sleep masks are the ones that really revive your skin from within.
WHAT DOES A SLEEP MASK DO?
Sleep mask when applied to your face, make sure to lock in the moisture and soothe your skin. It nourishes your skin to make it softer, supple, and healthy. And since it stays on your face for one whole night, it deeply penetrates into your skin to work wonders.
During the night, your facial skin is relaxed and is in no contact with pollution, sun, or any toxic things. Therefore, it absorbs all the vitamins, minerals, oils, etc. from your mask efficiently. Sleep mask formulas usually come in a gel-based, oil-based form that is very light in weight. It is produced in such a formulation to help it seep easily into your skin.
WHY DO PEOPLE LOVE SLEEP MASKS SO MUCH?
Well, because you basically have to do nothing. Just take a small amount of the product and apply it to your face. Keep it for the night to work its magic. People have experienced amazing skin the other day and that too, with much less effort.
It is a simple theory to understand actually. The longer a product and its ingredients are allowed to work on your skin, the better results it yields.
A Sleep Mask is like a one-and-done product. You don’t have to follow a bundle of steps and on the contrary, your skin just gets super hydrated, nourished, and glows naturally.
And, we must say, there has been an increase in people focusing more on beauty regimes and self-care since the pandemic. This is one of the good sides of the pandemic, isn’t it?
Now that you know how a sleep mask performs, here are some harsh realities attached to it:
1. Some sleep masks are acid-heavy. This simply means that they have a high proportion of acids in their formula that might just not be suitable for your skin type. So, try and test which mask suits you the best. Read the product labels that specify which skin type it is made for. If you have pigmentation issues, acid-heavy serums can be too intense for you. Stop using a mask or cream if you experience any redness or irritation.
-Try using a gentle sleep mask. Read the ingredient list before buying it and also check for online reviews if any.
2. People with oily skin need to use masks with a lighter consistency for less residual deposit of product on their skin. A thick cream-like texture clogs pores and therefore, leads to acne formation.
3. Some masks might stain your cushion covers, so make sure you apply your mask well ahead of your bedtime. So that instead of feeding your face, you feed all the goodness to your pillows. Watch out for certain additives that can do so
- We advise you to apply your product at least 20 to 25 minutes before going to bed. This way, it gets absorbed effectively into your skin and won’t stain your pillow covers as much.
4. Fragrance is another concern that a few of you might experience. Most people prefer a light fragrance or no fragrance at all. Additionally, if you have sensitive skin, strongly scented formulas may be too potent for you.
WHICH INGREDIENTS TO LOOK FOR IN A GOOD SLEEP MASK?
- HYALURONIC ACID (Corn derived natural humectant),
- NATURAL RETINOL (obtained from carrots, apricots, cantaloupes, fat-free milk, bell pepper, oranges),
- COLLAGEN PROTEIN (derived from plant protein of acacia seyal gum, Oryza sativa extract, glycine max extract)
- Vitamin C
- Tea Tree Oil
- Aloe vera, etc.
How Many Times Should You Use A Sleep Mask?
We recommend you use a mild sleep mask daily. While applying, give your face a gentle massage using upward strokes. This way, it is more relaxing and the product gets into your skin beautifully.
Although some intensive masks may cause you irritation, so you should use them as sussed on the packaging. Always opt for products that are non-comedogenic for regular use (especially if you have acne-prone skin)
Now, for the most anticipated part! Yes, you guys guessed it. It’s Reveal Time!
In our Prebiotic range, we have a very special sleep mask that will increase cell turnover and rebalances hydration. This new formula that we have come up with supports collagen production naturally. Our sleep mask covers all the positives that we discussed above. It is –
- Mild in fragrance
- Suitable for all skin types such as Oily, Mature, Dry, Combination, and Sensitive skin.
We are getting great responses for our prebiotic range so far and we are so glad that we help you define your perfect!
All our products are scientifically backed up so you will get sure shot results with regular application. They can be used by both men and women as beauty knows no gender. It is for everyone.
iORA’s Prebiotic Sleep Mask is NOW AVAILABLE for purchase! Try it if haven’t and let us know your valuable feedback.
Till then, keep glowing!