Hello there readers! We hope you are having a perfect summer. Today’s article, as you must have guessed from the title, is all about the benefits of neem and how to use neem leaves for pimples and dark spots. We will discuss a few combinations and preparations with neem extract, oil, or leaves that will help you with a few skin issues. But first, let’s start by knowing how neem is considered in Ayurveda.
Neem, despite its bitter taste and smell, has been celebrated in Ayurveda for its amazing offerings for our bodies. It has blood purifying properties along with being anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial. Thanks to all the bioactive compounds it inherits.
Every part of this botanical beauty; right from its branch, roots, leaves, and even flowers/fruits are helpful for our body and skin. In older times, consuming a natural tablet made from neem was a habit to promote skin benefits. The regular intake of which granted healthy, glowy skin, deprived of pimples or ageing signs.
OTHER BENEFITS OF NEEM
- Boosts cell regeneration
- Helps increase collagen production
- Evens out skin tone
- Keeps pimples and acne at bay by killing acne-causing bacteria
- Cure post-acne marks
- Tightens skin – so, less visible wrinkles
- (As it is full of antioxidants and Vitamin C)
- Delays early signs of aging
- Controls the production of access sebum
- Soothes irritated or inflamed skin.
SKINCARE FACTS ABOUT NEEM
- Neem is not just rich in Vitamin C but also in Vitamin E. Therefore, it is famously used to combat signs of ageing. It works effectively to control thinning of skin; due to which the formation of wrinkles can be avoided or slowed down.
- It is also a good source of fatty acids that help tighten your skin and boost a youthful glow. So, next time you question, does neem oil remove dark spots? Or is neem good for dark spots? – the answer is a loud ‘YES!’
- Certain bacteria-killing agents like solid lipid nanoparticles and lecithin that are present in neem help people experiencing frequent breakouts.
- Neem is also considered a moisturising ingredient due to the Vitamin E content in it. Neem-based moisturising products are therefore effective in treating and nourishing dry skin issues.
Rich in antioxidants, neem not just eliminates inflamed skin or acne, it further treats the issues following these concerns.
HOW TO USE NEEM LEAVES FOR PIGMENTATION AND OTHER SKIN ISSUES?
Concerned about – how to use neem leaves for dark spots? Well, we have simple masks and glow remedies for you using the various forms of neem. Read through the end to find your pick.
1. NEEM LEAVES MASK FOR FACE (PIGMENTATION, DARK SPOTS) –
- Mix Neem leaf powder with some pure turmeric and organic coconut oil. Make a paste-like mixture and evenly apply it to your face. Remember to not leave it for too long or else some might experience slight yellow staining from turmeric (it also depends on the potency of turmeric you use.)
Turmeric helps with pigmentation and is antibacterial in nature. Coconut oil helps moisturize and nourish your skin while neem works on pigmentation and dark spots. This mask is suitable for all skin types, so feel free to use it twice a week.
2. HOW TO USE NEEM OIL FOR DARK SPOTS AND ANTI-AGING?
Did you know that you can make your very own dark spot treatment and an anti-aging face serum with neem? – All you have to do is take some neem essential oil, coconut oil, Vitamin E Oil, (use the oil from Vitamin E capsules that you can easily get from the chemist), and some aloe vera gel/pulp. Blend it with a clean whisk and you’ll get a lightweight serum consistency that is super creamy.
Use this serum on your face and massage it well so that it penetrates into the layers of your skin. You can also use this serum as a base for your Gua Sha Stone or tool. You’ll be surprised how this simple and cost-effective serum will work wonders on your skin.
3. DIY NEEM FACE SCRUB
Mix organic Neem powder + raw milk + honey + oatmeal into a wet scrub-like consistency and let it sit for 5 mins. This way the oats get soft enough for your facial skin. Then, apply this scrub on your face (or your body) evenly. Make sure your skin is cleansed properly before application. Now, gently scrub the mask in a circular motion against your skin after 5 mins. Wash off with room temperature water and finish off with aloe vera gel.
4. NEEM FACE MASK FOR OILY SKIN
Mix Neem powder + sandalwood powder together with rose water to form a paste. Apply it on freshly cleansed face for 10 mins and rinse off later. Post this, you can spray rose water on your face for hydration. Use this mask once a week for optimal results.
5. NEEM FOR BLOOD PURIFICATION
You can take a neem supplement or organic neem tablets every day to help purify your blood. Blood purification indirectly helps in glowing skin and eliminated dark spots. Some people also chew fresh neem leaves, but they can be too bitter. So, we suggest you take neem tablets.
CAN I USE NEEM FACE PACKS EVERY DAY? – THE CONCERN OF MANY.
We suggest you use the above-mentioned organic face packs twice or thrice a week. Frequent use can disturb the pH level of your skin. Natural oils from your face can be stripped off and the skin will end up looking dry and dull. Instead, you can use neem-based skincare products for your skincare.
ORGANIC ALTERNATIVES OF NEEM
Yes, making these neem face masks at home is great, but you won’t always have the time to make them. Plus, Neem is a versatile ingredient to attain healthy nourished skin; but you have to be patient with it. These natural remedies take time to show results and you might want quicker results.
So, you guys must use neem-infused skincare products. Opt for organic ones though. There are a lot of organic face serums and creams that contain neem extracts or neem oil in them. Invest in neem-based ubtans or 100% organic face cleansers for helping you get rid of suntan and acne.
With this, we end this topic and hope it helped you with your concerns. Explore this space for more informative skincare blogs.