We have started to take our skincare game more seriously and practically. With a bulk load of information available on the internet today, we have made ourselves aware of various ingredients and good ‘skin’ habits as well. Amidst all the fancy ingredients we feed our skin with, there are some humble ones that just work wonders on your skin.
One such ingredient – you must have guessed it from the title itself – is – CUCUMBER. It is a vegetable plant that your skin loves. This crunchy and cool veggie is a well-known superfood for your skin. From brightening up your complexion to helping you deal with some of the innate skin issues, cucumbers are practically saviours for your skin.
- An Age-old Favourite!
The humble cucumber has been an age-old favorite for various beauty concerns such as extreme dryness, inflammation, sun damage, pigmentation, signs of aging, etc. Cucumber’s crush and cucumber juice for face benefits was used majorly for ages now as a home remedy.
- Why is cucumber such a loved ingredient?
Cucumber contains amazing nutrients and plenty of vitamins that make it a preferred ingredient. Major skincare brands of yesteryears, as well as today, use cucumber extracts in the formulation of their products due to their magical skin-benefiting properties. Certain vitamins improve your skin health, even when applied topically. Likewise vital vitamins and antioxidants present in the cucumber-like folic acid, Vitamin C, caffeic acid, etc. are great for your skin.
- Vitamin C, as you all know brightens skin complexion and also fades pigmentation, age spots, and blemishes.
- Folic acid and Caffeic Acid in cucumber help boost collagen production in your skin. This way your skin not only looks younger but feels younger from the inside too. Fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of ageing can be tackled with these active ingredients present in the cucumber.
- How does cucumber help your skin?
- Treats Sunburn – Sun can be fun to be in but not so much on your skin. Yes, sunscreen works best in this situation, but let’s all admit sometimes we forget to apply it, and even if we do, the harsh sun still poses skin pigmentation. Cucumber is great for this. Before tackling pigmentation, it soothes your skin and alleviates sunburn.
- Works great for acne-prone skin – Cucumber acts as a mild astringent that helps tighten pores. It even regulates oil production that leads to breakouts and later leaves you with stubborn acne marks.
- Soothes your skin – If you experience skin inflammation because of any reason, followed by irritation, rashes, redness, etc.; then cucumber is your friend for sure. Especially people with sensitive skin can always rely on cucumber because of its gentleness in treating severe skin issues.
Now, many of you might wonder – Can I use cucumber on my face every day? – Yes, you surely can. It is great for depuffing your face in the morning. Plus, it is a mild ingredient so there is no harm in using it daily.
- Other Ways to Use Cucumber for Skin
So, there are two ways to incorporate this superfood for your skin in your daily skincare routine.
- One is to use it directly. Cucumber face pack benefits are known to all of us. You can grate a fresh cucumber and use the juice individually or along with the pulp on your skin. It will give you an instant boost of hydration.
- Secondly, you can use organic products that contain cucumber extract in them. There are a lot of cleansers, toners, moisturisers, and face serums that have it.
If you are scouting for such products, look no further. Here are the two products you can get the goodness of cucumber along with superfood extracts, hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C, and all the good stuff.
They are –
i) iORA’s Prebiotic Radiant Face Serum
You can use this organic face serum on a daily basis to reverse your signs of ageing, dryness, and dull skin texture. The serum is a harmonious blend of Vitamin C, Hyaluronic acid, superfood extracts, and of course, – Cucumber Extracts. These extracts are composed of lipids, proteins, and have emollient properties. With regular use, the serum will aid in naturally shedding off your dead skin while accelerating cell turnover. Buy this serum and use it religiously daily for optimum results and get complimented for looking younger than your age.
ii) iORA’s PREBIOTIC UNDERARM SERUM
With a dose of powerful antioxidants and amino acids, skin becomes supple and baby soft. And that’s what iORA’s Prebiotic Underarm Serum is all about. Also, another major motive of this product is to fade away pigmentation from your underarms. Thanks to the CUCUMBER extract in it!
The Eco-certified prebiotic extract encourages friendly bacteria thus also reducing the horrid smell.Both the above-mentioned iORA products are filled with potent skincare ingredients that nourish and better your skin health. They are 100% Organic, cruelty-free, colourant-free, and suitable for all skin types.