- What are calluses?
Calluses form when there is frequent pressure or friction applied to a specific area. This is why calluses are so common on our feet, which support our body weight. Calluses form as a protection for the skin against this pressure.
- How are calluses formed?
- Wearing ill fitting shoes with thin socks or no socks. Wearing high heels for too long.
- Athletes & runners get it who put constant pressure on feet
- Standing for long hours continuously at home or at work
- Bone deformities can also be responsible. Sometimes, a bone deformity will result in excess pressure being applied to certain areas of the foot, especially if a person’s gait is altered as a result of the deformity
The above are few of the reasons why calluses are formed
- How to take care of them at home?
- Use over-the-counter pads. Apply a pad to protect the area where a corn or callus developed. Be careful using over-the-counter (non prescription) liquid corn removers or medicated corn pads. These contain salicylic acid, which can irritate healthy skin and lead to infection, especially in people with diabetes or other conditions that cause poor blood flow.
- Soak your hands or feet. Soaking your hands or feet in warm, soapy water softens calluses. This can make it easier to remove the thickened skin.
- Thin thickened skin. During or after bathing, rub callus with a pumice stone.
- Moisturize your skin. Apply moisturizer to your hands and feet to help keep the skin soft.
- Wear comfortable shoes and socks. Stick to well-fitting, cushioned shoes and socks until your corn or callus disappear
- Onion & Lemon juice-Apply a mixture of onion & lemon juice
- Garlic paste- Apply a paste of garlic on the callus, cover it overnight, and wash your feet next morning. Repeat the process till you get some relief.
- Iora callus softener- You can spray it over the calluses. Leave it on for 2-3 minutes. Use a foot scraper to immediately clear of the calluses.
- Why IORA CALLUS SOFTENER?
It is an easy diy product that effectively removes unwanted calluses. It’s fuss free & non –messy . It contains glycerine, urea, green apple extract, orange extract & aloe vera extract. Each ingredient effectively contributes to pamper, soften & refresh your feet. To know more visit our website www.ioraindia.com & order your callus softener today
- When do you see a doctor?
People with diabetes, particularly those with peripheral neuropathy or peripheral artery disease, should avoid treating their own calluses and consult a doctor or qualified podiatrist. This is because these individuals have a higher risk of skin and nerve injury.
It may be a good idea for anyone with severe or persistent calluses to consider speaking to a doctor or podiatrist.
- How to prevent calluses?
- washing the feet with soap and water every day, then drying them thoroughly and applying a moisturizing cream
- wearing shoes that fit properly, as overly tight or very high-heeled shoes can increase friction
- using gel pads or foam inserts in the shoes to prevent excess pressure on the skin
So you don’t need to bear with painful calluses anymore. Buy iORA CALLUS SOFTENER today. Visit www.ioraindia.com & know more about this product