We all have our own self-curated skincare routines that work for us. And although our routines are different, there is one common thing wiz. CLEANSING. Well, it is the most basic skincare hygiene we all must abide by. Our face needs extra tending for all that it goes through – the pollution, layers of makeup, dust, and whatnot. You should never forget to wash your face if you wish for healthy skin.
It is also a well-known fact that letting makeup stay on the face for too long can cause some serious breakouts and early signs of ageing. The skin absorbs all that it gets – whether its make-up, nourishing serum, dust. It is up to you to decide if you wanna feed it with the good things or bad.
In this reading trip, we are going to cover everything one needs to know about a facial cleanser, its types, and the benefits of using them. So, keep reading this article to know all about it
1. WHAT IS CLEANSING? – THE ‘C’ IN CTM
Cleansing is nothing but a process where you get rid of all the impurities off your skin (essentially your face). It is the first and the most important step in a daily skincare regime. This helps to keep your skin fresh, healthy, radiant, and well, allowing it to breathe. During the day we apply a dozen products to our face ranging from moisturiser, sunscreen, serum, maybe a day cream and not to forget – makeup. So, as the day ends and before we go take our much-needed beauty sleep after an exhausting day, it is important we take it all off. It is a good practice just like brushing or showering daily.
2. WHAT PRODUCTS TO USE FOR CLEANSING?
Simply buy organic cleanser for face, that is easily available online that does a fine job.
3. BENEFITS OF CLEANSING
- Gentler and mild than using a bar of soaps – When it comes to your skin and gentle areas specifically, like your face, pH plays a big role. Your skin’s pH varies from region to region and if this pH level is not maintained, skin issues arise. Speaking of which, a bar of soap is way too harsh for your facial skin as compared to a facial cleanser. Plus, a cleanser for the face is formulated with lots of amazing benefits targeting the problems of your skin type.
- Made from natural, organic ingredients with healing properties – Facial cleansers nowadays are curated with all organic ingredients, essential oils, and natural additives. They are hydrating and soothing for your skin and help it heal from the various environmental stressors.
- Gives you a fresh and energized feeling – With cleansing, you take off all the unwanted layers off your face. Your skin feels like it can breathe again, it feels clean, light, and refreshed.
4. TYPES OF CLEANSERS
A. GEL CLEANSER
The first type is a gel-based formulation that is supposed to lift up dirt and makeup from your skin without drying it out. They are usually clear and lightweight formulas that tend to foam once massaged between wet hands. They clear out excess sebum off your pores and give you a refreshed face post use. Gel-based cleansers are great for people who have a combination or oily skin which is prone to acne breakouts often.
B. CLAY CLEANSER
For super cleansed skin, clay-based formulas are the best. Such facial cleansers can sometimes be too dry due to the clay in them. Hence, while buying such cleansers for the face make sure the formula also includes hydrating and moisturizing ingredients in them.
C. CREAM CLEANSER
People with mature or dry skin can benefit from cream cleansers as these formulas are loaded with replenishing oils and moisturizing ingredients. These essential ingredients provide relief to dry skin that craves nourishment. Cream cleansers help remove impurities off your face and leave it feeling softer and moisturized. It does not strip the skin of all the natural oils.
D. MICELLAR WATER
The cleanser loved by most people is the good old micellar water. It contains tiny micelles which are oil molecules that help to cleanse your face without any use of water. So, you see this product is really handy especially while traveling. All you have to do is take a few drops on a cotton pad and swipe that swap it all over your face in a gentle motion. Micellar water is free from alcohol and soap.
E. FOAMING FACE WASH
Here comes the star of the show that has been stealing everyone’s hearts recently – drum rolls please – FOAMING FACEWASH.
To answer – What is a foaming face wash?;
Well, it is a creamy formula that turns into a luxurious lather to cleanse your face. – Now isn’t that riveting?! A foaming face wash is the most gentle way of cleansing any skin type. And therefore, it is loved by all.
And, don’t get hooked up on the word gentle in terms of cleansing here. Even though it is foamy and soft against your skin, it is tough on dirt, oil, makeup, and other impurities. This kind of formula works best for people with oily and combination skin as it gives your skin a blurry matte finish post use.
5. WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FACE WASH AND FACE CLEANSER?
The most asked question of all times – and we are here to break this concept down in simple terms.
|Face wash||Face Cleanser|
Aims at cleansing deeply through your skin layers and removing all the trace makeup and gunk clogging your pores.
Also aims at cleansing, purifying, and soothing your skin.
|Texture – Mostly creamy, gel-based, and clay-based. Not watery or milky.||Texture – Mostly milky, gel-like, watery, sometimes clay-based, and creamy.|
|Creates a foaming lather when mixed with water.||
Creates less lather than facewash and sometimes no lather at all in case of micellar water.
Both have a lot of similarities and a few differences, but the aim is to cleanse your face. You can choose to have both or simply work with one if your preferences are such.
Here’s our guide on – Choosing the right facewash for your skin type
A great option in your CTM routine would be iORA’s Foaming Facewash.
- You can call it a cleanser-face wash hybrid.
- It comes with an attached silicone facial brush that pumps out the product in a lush foam. You can then simply run this facial foaming bush around your face to remove makeup and buildup. It is soft on your skin but also exfoliating enough to eliminate excess oil, dirt, and dead cell buildup.
- It is a gentle product, perfect for daily use
6. KEY INGREDIENTS IN IORA’S FOAMING FACEWASH
This Organic Cleanser slash facewash is enriched with Neem, Aloe vera, Green Tea Extracts. It penetrates deep into your pores and cleanses your skin from within. – without disturbing your skin’s natural pH level. Along with the above ingredients the formula also contains superfood extracts of aloe vera, sea buckthorn, green tea, neem & cucumber.
iORA’s products are scientifically backed up with skin-friendly microbiome boosting activities. They help flourish the skin’s ecosystem, help the good bacteria grow, and make the skin’s defense stronger than ever.
Now, before we end the topic, let us also tell you –
7. HOW TO USE A CLEANSER?
- Always use lukewarm water to wet your face and palms.
- Take a pea-size amount of the product and massage it to form a foamy consistency. Although, with iORA’s foaming facewash, your work becomes much easier. Just pump the product from the dispenser bottle and massage that foam onto your face in gentle circular motions with the help of the facewash brush.
- Wash your face off with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry with a clean towel, do not drag your skin or get harsh with your wiping motions.
- Always tone and moisturize your face post-wash to seal in hydration. You can even go ahead and use your favorite hydrating serum or day cream.
You can even buy this beauty from our official website. Whereas, our products are also available on Amazon, Nykaa, Flipkart, TATA Cliq, and even on Myntra. Also, please do not forget to share your feedback after using our products to let us know how well they suited your needs.
Thanks for Reading!