Everyone is constantly trying to amp up their skincare game. As a result, we are now witnessing consumers who really care about the importance of following skin rituals and routines. The Internet plays a big role here. It is a space from which people receive information about skincare and its fundamentals. Products also play a huge part in this story. A diverse range of products floats it the market. One can easily bet that the cosmetic industry today has a product for literally everything; for every skin concern.
The skincare realm now encapsulates formulas raging from serums, foaming face masks, toners, scrubs, lip masks, face mists….to overnight treatments, and so on. Brands nowadays are coming up with renewed solutions as they are discovering indigenous, native ingredients, new blends backed up with technology. This is the reason why there is a new product being launched constantly within a matter of months.
Speaking of which, chemical-infused products and cosmetics are highly questioned in the market now. With the consumer getting smarter, wiser, and more knowledgeable in today’s day and age, brands are changing their game plan as well. Various prestigious brands, as well as new skincare startups, are gravitating towards organic and natural skincare. This shift may sound simple and straightforward, but it is not! There are a gazillion streams to venture into.
One such recent discovery that the scientists and beauty experts have been gaging about is PREBIOTICS. Yes, you heard that right! We are talking about the less explored world of prebiotics. Probiotics are heard enough and they are great in their own sense. Prebiotics, on the other hand, are indigestible plant-based fibers that work wonders for your gut health and in turn, for your skin.
Prebiotics in skincare is gaining a lot of traction ad for all the good reasons, we say. They are incorporated in facial creams, serums, face wash, face masks, etc. If you are fairly new to the subject like the mass crowd, allow us to help you sight them from other skincare products.
The below prebiotics agents will be mentioned under the ingredient list on any prebiotic products –
- ALPHA-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE
- DEAD SEA MUD
- AMINO ACIDS
- SCENEDESMUS RUBESCENS EXTRACT
- COLLAGEN PROTEIN
- Vegetable oils. – (Almond, Sunflower, Jojoba, Argan, Sesame & Olive)
- CUCUMBER EXTRACT
- SEA BUCK THORN EXTRACT
- SUPERFOOD EXTRACTS, ETC.
Such prebiotic agents help maintain a healthy pH balance and strengthen your skin barrier. They also boost healthy bacteria and keep your skin’s microflora super flourished.
Skincare products containing prebiotics ad probiotics have evidently proven to give your skin a glowing complexion. Well, you might wonder, – This claim is promised by most of the products out there and they even work. But let us tell you, that while all those products may work from the outside and give you results in a matter of a few days, prebiotics work from within. They work at the cellular level. Additionally, products curated by us are 100% ORGANIC, made from the purest produce.
Our newly launched PREBIOTIC RANGE contains an array of products that work for the betterment of your skin’s microbiome. This entire range of prebiotic formulas cater to different skin concerns and are suitable for all skin types. So, you do not have to scout for products based on your skin type.
But, let us explain to you in detail the kind of prebiotic product you must be looking for based on your specific skin type and concern.
- For oily or acne prone skin – People who experience a frequent occurrence of natural oil on their face or particularly the T zone area must opt for a purifying prebiotic face wash. The product must be gentle on your skin as well as cleansing enough. It should get rid of all the dirt and excess oil without drying out your skin or disturbing its moisture barrier. Do proper research on how it will affect your skin pH balance as well. We suggest you follow this cleansing process with a lightweight moisturizer or a face mist. Doing so will calm the skin and provide some refreshment.
- For dry skin – Hydration is super important for your skin, especially if you have dry skin. Prefer a hydrating prebiotic day cream or a light moisturizer that can stay on your face (maybe even under your makeup) all day. Doing so you trap moisture onto your skin, balancing the skin’s microflora.
- For sensitive or combination skin – Choose a prebiotic face serum that is light in consistency and contains magical ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C, superfood extracts, etc. All these nourishing ingredients are suitable for sensitive skin types and will help replenish your skin’s flora. Face serums like these also make your skin glow like a goddess! Please choose a silicone-free or even a scent-free face serum.
Prebiotic skincare free from Sulfates, Parabens, Artificial Preservatives & Colors will give the best hug to your skin. The lesser chemicals and inorganic additives, the better your skin will bloom in the longer run.
Understand this – Along with adapting prebiotic and probiotic skincare routines, make sure you eat them too. Make your diet inclusive of all the foods that will keep your gut healthy. Because
a healthy gut = healthy skin!