Most of us array forever curious with a common question of brightening our underarms. After all, they sometimes snatch your confidence, make your feel awkward at a gathering, and even hold you back from wearing what you love. We have also noticed that pigmented underarms are a serious issue for many people. Another issue that most of us experience is smelly armpits. There are a lot of factors why these issues arise and how they can be curbed.
Today, we are going to talk you through this concern and help you overcome it. Because we believe that insecurities like these shouldn’t stand in your way of portraying a BEAUTIFUL, CONFIDENT – you.
So, let’s start the ride, shall we?
Our armpit is a moist and warm area. Which, if not cleaned properly and regularly can be a reason for bad bacteria to make a home there. And when this happens, our armpits stink. You see, most people think that sweat causes odor, but that’s not the case.
Sweat is secreted from two sweat glands of our body, namely – eccrine glands and apocrine glands. It is an odorless fluid and therefore, our underarms are a neutral oasis. The reason your armpits sting and go dark is because of the bacteria’s interaction with them. After merging with sweat, some kinds of bacteria produce smelly compounds.
WHAT CAUSES DARK UNDERARMS AND SMELLY ARMPITS?
1. Improper Hygiene
Not practicing healthy hygiene is the major cause of smelly and infected armpits that lead to dark underarms.
2. Food Habits
The diet you intake can affect your armpit’s health. Foods that are high in sulfur can cause odor in your armpits. Because foods high in sulfur contain certain compounds that your body cannot break down completely. And therefore, your body’s metabolic processes create volatile compounds that give an unpleasant odor while existing in your body.
These are the foods rich in sulfur – Nuts, legumes, chicken, fish, eggs, lentils, oats, garlic, leeks, walnuts, onions, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, etc.
3. Not shaving/waxing your underarms
Hair attracts heat and therefore sweat. As hair follicles trap sweat and dirt, if they are not removed or cleaned properly, you experience a foul odor.
Excessive alcohol consumption is not good for your body in many ways. Here, because the liver is unable to process an excessive amount of alcohol, it seeps out through your skin pores. This leads to a foul smell.
Bonus Tips to prevent darkening of underarms.
- Use deodorants that are made with natural ingredients. Chemical or alcohol-based deodorants are not good for your skin. They make your skin darker.
Another option is to use an antiperspirant deodorant. They minimize perspiration and do the job just fine.
- Make sure you keep your underarms clean at all times. Shave, wax, trim your armpit hair regularly to avoid sweat trapping. Doing so on a regular basis, your armpits won’t sog your clothes or smelly funny.
- Always wear loose and comfortable clothes. They allow your skin to breathe well and do not cause any rashes as tight ones do. Prefer to use clothes made from natural fibers like wool, cotton, linen, and even silk. These fabrics allow your body sweat to evaporate faster.
- Eating spicy food can make you sweat so avoid eating too much spice in your diet.
- Last but most importantly, stay hydrated.
Lastly, try using iORA’s Super Effective Prebiotic Underarm Serum. It is curated from the goodness of
- ALMOND OIL,
- OLIVE OIL,
- ARGAN OIL,
- GREEN TEA EXTRACT,
- LIQUORICE EXTRACT,
- NATURAL RETINOL (obtained from carrots, apricots, cantaloupes, fat-free milk, bell pepper, oranges),
- ALOE VERA EXTRACT,
- CUCUMBER EXTRACT, NEEM EXTRACT,
- SEA BUCKTHORN EXTRACT, etc.
Basically, all the good stuff. Plus, all iORA’s products are 100% ORGANIC, free from any Artificial Preservatives or any skin-damaging agents. And what’s more interesting is that our underarm lightening serum is suitable for dry, combination, sensitive as well as blemish-prone skin.
It not only helps with your hyperpigmentation but also nourishes and moisturizes your underarms. iORA’s Undearm Serum is formulated with the synbiotic approach. It contains eco-certified prebiotic extracts that boost the growth of healthy bacteria and keep your skin’s microflora flourished.
Use our product on a regular basis to witness effective results. No darker underarms.
So, it’s time to raise your hands high up in the air and shine inside out!