Our skin starts to age poorly unlike wine and cheese! We start experiencing freckles, age spots, wrinkles, saggy skin, dullness, pigmentation day by day. And who wouldn’t wanna beat this aging, right?!
While there are a few skincare products that can help you fight aging and its effects, FACE SERUMS top the list! Trust-worthy, effective, and easy to incorporate into your daily skincare routine, serums have become everyone’s new favorite product. Most of us have already been using them, while a few of us might be still fresh to the concept.
Nevertheless, we bring you this blog to help you gain a deeper understanding of face serums. We shall discuss –
- WHAT ARE SERUMS?
- BENEFITS OF SERUMS.
- HOW TO USE SERUMS?
- THINGS TO CONSIDER WHILE USING A FACE SERUM.
- INGREDIENTS YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR WHILE BUYING SERUMS.
WHAT ARE SERUMS?
Serums are products formulated in a liquid form that is oil-based, gel-based, or water-based. They are not heavy as creams and are easy to apply and spread into your skin.
You only need a few drops to cover your entire face in a single use. Therefore, serums usually come packed in small bottles as they go a long time.
Characteristics of serums –
- A skin serum is of a thinner consistency than a moisturizer, lotion, or cream.
- It is formulated with highly concentrated ingredients, therefore it is very intensive and you need to use it sparingly.
- The serum sinks into your skin deeply. It is designed that way to provide hydration from within
BENEFITS OF SERUMS.
- Evens out skin tone.
- Moisturizes and hydrates your skin.
- Fades dark spots.
- Increases skin elasticity.
- Reduces wrinkles.
- Plumps up your skin.
HOW TO USE SERUMS?
- Take a few drops of your serum on your palms.
- Dot the serum all over the face
- Pat it into the skin and let it be naturally absorbed.
- Wait for a few minutes for it to seep into your skin completely before applying any other product on top. Forex. Sunscreen, Day Cream, or Moisturizer.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHILE USING A FACE SERUM
Moving on, you must understand one thing about serums. Not all serums are the same. Sometimes, serums can work adversely for your skin. How? Let’s find out –
- As they are made from potent ingredients, some serums might irritate people with sensitive skin. The active and carrier ingredients, the stability of the formula; everything needs to be taken into consideration while choosing a serum. If you neglect this step, the serum might just be very harsh on your sensitive skin.
You must be wondering how to assess a product for potency. Just check on the packaging the concentration of ingredients such as Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid.
- Some serums are too thick and heavy in texture. They do not penetrate the skin which leads to a failed job. Serums that are lightweight seep into the deepest layers of your skin and provide hydration where it’s most needed.
- For people with dry skin can sometimes find it difficult to apply serums of thick consistency, as they don’t seep inside. Regardless, if you have dry skin it is advised to apply serum over damp skin. So the serum has to be of the right density.
- Taking the case forward, thick serum can make it difficult for you to carry it all day long. Additionally, make-up on a thick serum looks cakey and unappealing. If the consistency is thin and light, you can easily wear it daily under your make-up.
- Strongly scented serums can also cause irritation to sensitive skin. Artificial fragrances or chemicals used in the serum conflict with the absorption process. They can also cause certain allergies, but that’s a 1/10 chance.
- Some serums are specifically curated to be used during the day while others at night. Whereas, there are certain serums without such usage restrictions that do the exact job! So opt for such ones which you can use both times without paying any extra cost.
INGREDIENTS YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR; WHILE BUYING SERUMS
- VITAMIN C – The all-time skin savior, Vitamin C is a common ingredient seen in a serum’s formulation.
Radiant glow | Fights skin infections | Antimicrobial properties | Protect your skin from breakouts | Stimulates the growth of new collagen | Reverses the UV rays’ damage.
- HYALURONIC ACID – A corn-derived ingredient that enhances the hydration process and gives our skin a moisture boost.
Alleviates dry skin formation | Reduces fine lines | Reduces wrinkles | Speeds up the recovery of any facial scars.
- ALPHA-GLUCAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE – It acts as a defense for the skin’s ecosystem.
Promotes the growth of beneficial good bacteria | Curbs the generation of bad bacteria (pathogenic flora).
- SCENEDESMUS RUBESCENS EXTRACT aka The ULTIMATE UV PROTECTOR! – Derived from freshwater algae.
Provides UV protection | Fades away the HEV (high energy visible) light damage
- MAGNOLIA EXTRACT –
Protects the skin from harmful oxidative damage | Anti-inflammatory in nature | Cleansing properties that relieve itching | Fights blackheads and pimples | Makes your skin tighter and naturally plump.
- SUPERFOOD EXTRACTS – Green Tea Extract & Cucumber extract –
Hydrates & refreshes the skin | Makes skin feel supple and naturally plump.
- ALOE VERA EXTRACT – One of your our skin’s favorite food!
Anti-inflammatory | Moisturizing and healing properties | Treats sunburns | Slows down signs of aging |Increases collagen production
- CUCUMBER EXTRACT – A package of lipids, proteins along with moisturizing and emollient properties.
Soothes and relieves puffy skin | Accelerates cell turnover | Tightens and firms up your skin | Minimizes signs of aging | Smoothens skin texture.
iORA’s Prebiotic Radiant Face Serum proudly has all the above components in it; plus, it is just the right consistency. The serum is also free from Sulfates, Parabens, Artificial Preservatives & Colors.
iORA’s products are all made from organic ingredients, are vegan and our brand is cruelty-free. So stay rest assured about your skin’s health. All our products are chemical-free, fully safe, and suitable for every skin type.
We are proud to announce and present to you our new range of PREBIOTIC PRODUCTS. Make sure to check them all out & leave us your valuable feedback.